|Home | First lady | Activities of Silvia Gašparovičová | Year 2012 | State honors 2012|
On 3 January 2012 on the occasion of the 19th anniversary of establishing the Slovak Republic granted President Ivan Gašparovič in the historic building in the National Council in Bratislava the highest state honors. In his speech he congratulated the laureates of state awards that they obtained for lifelong achievements in science, arts, history, culture and economy.
President of the Slovak Reublic Ivan Gašparovič awarded the highest state decorations to 14 personalities:
- 1st Class Ľudovít Štúr Order, in memoriam was awarded to the historian Ladislav Deák for outstanding merit and lifetime contribution to the development of culture, especially in the historical sciences.
- 1st Class Ľudovít Štúr Order got the athlete Bohumil Golian and the doctor Ladislav Macho.
- 2nd Class Ľudovít Štúr Order received the agrarian economist Gejza Blaas, doctor Svetozár Dluholucký, microbiology scientist Libor Ebringer and architect Ivan Matušík.
- 2nd Class Ľudovít Štúr Order, in memoriam was awarded to the lawyer Vojtech Hatala, as well as to the sociology and cultural scientist Alexander Hirner.
- Jozef Haris, mayor of the village Nesvady and ZMOS member, received the 3rd Class Ľudovít Štúr Order.
- 1st Class Pribina Cross got Jozef Buday, researcher in the field of electrical engineering.
- 2nd Class Pribina Cross the Slovak President awarded to the actor and teacher Jozef Adamovič and to the archaeologist Karol Pieta.
- 2nd Class Pribina Cross, in memoriam for extraordinary contributions to the cultural development of the Slovak Republic has been awarded to the actor Gustáv Valach.