Head of the Office of the President
Štefan Rozkopál was born in 1965. He is married and is the father of three daughters. He studied at the Faculty of Law at Comenius University in Bratislava and starting in 1985 and continued his studies at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations in the Russian Federation.
He became involved in foreign policy immediately after entering the world of work. He first worked at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic as policy officer for the region of Southeast Asia (1994–1995) and later in turn held several important positions in the field of foreign relations and international trade at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Slovak Republic and the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic. From 2002 to 2005, he worked as the head of the Slovak Embassy in Canada. In his capacity as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Slovak Republic in the Republic of Indonesia, the Republic of Singapore, the Republic of the Philippines and the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste (2009–2013), he became the first representative of Slovakia in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
Since September 2013, he has worked as the Director General of the Foreign Trade Section and Foreign Trade Policy and European Affairs Section at the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic and acted as the permanent representative of Slovakia in the Trade Policy Committee of the Council of the European Union (2013–2015). Štefan Rozkopál has held the position of Head of the Office of the President of the Slovak Republic since July 2015.
He speaks English, Indonesian, German and Russian.
About the Office of the President
1. The Office performs tasks related to the professional, organisational and technical framework of the activities of the President of the Slovak Republic.
2. The Office was established and operates in accordance with Act No. 16/1993 Coll. on the Office of the President of the Slovak Republic.
3. The basic role of the Office is to create conditions for:a) the performance of the functions of the President of the Republic arising from the Constitution of the Slovak Republic, constitutional laws and other generally binding legal regulations,b) the political and public activities of the President of the Republic.
4. The Office also provides other services to the President of the Republic and his wife related to the constitutional position of the President of the Republic.
5. The Office performs further professional, organisational and technical tasks specified in its organisational rules.
6. The Office is a legal entity and a budgetary organisation, which has a separate chapter in the state budget of the Slovak Republic.